• question-icon

What causes to have bumps from rectum to vagina while suffering from severe hemorrhoids and IBS?

Posted on Thu, 19 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I suffer from severe hemmoriods. I noticed a few bumps around my rectum which have now spread to my vagina. They are in a straight row between the peritoneal and the labia majora. I have IBS with severe diarhea, any clue as to what these bumps could be?
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Bumps around rectum to vagina-causes,IBS,diarrhea Detailed Answer: Hi, Before running into my answer, I'd gently ask to send a photo of your the bumps that you are referring to. That could help me assist you further. From what you are describing, in my opinion, it could be large external hemorrhoids. I suggest to consult proctologist if you need surgery treatment as you might have internal hemorrhoids too. Next, you are saying to suffer of severe diarrhea. Could you please indicate : - for how long does diarrhea persist? - how many times/day you have bowel movements? - is it watery/loose or first solid, than, loose? - what is the color of your stool? - are the bumps itchy or painful? Looking forward to have the requested additional medical data of yours! Thank you! Dr.Alba
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
I can not send pictures, I have tried to see the vaginal bumps with a mirror but can't really see them. They are small and fill rather hard. They do not itch burn slightly at times. I know that they are not any type of STD. I have 5-13 watery, medium brown bowel movements a day. I had colon polyps in 1998, have follow up colonoscopy as recommended. I have been tested for bacteria, celic and Chrones, all of which have come back normal. I have suffered with urinary problems since XXXXXXX and feel as if I am getting a UTI at this time. The CAT scan that was done in XXXXXXX came back normal. Just wondered if that type of infection could cause the vaginal bumps.
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 19 hours later
Brief Answer: please refer to the following suggestions... Detailed Answer: Hi again, Thank you for sending more of your medical data in. You are saying to have been suffered of urinary problems (uti) and been treated as well. One of the causes to your bowel movements include the use of antibiotics which deteriorate the intestinal flora living to candida overgrowth. At this point, I suggest to do the culture of your stool for candida, bacteria, virus, parasites to rule them out and get treated properly. The vaginal bumps that burn sometimes are are small, hardly to see, could be partially related to : - uti - antibiotic use - possible co-infection of vagina So, at this point, I suggest to : - repeat urine analyses and culture and sensitivity - do vaginal swab testing and culture - get physically checked from a physician - do trans-vaginal ultrasound to truly determine the real cause It is good that you have treated your colon polyps accordingly, and I encourage to go on with regular check ups according to the schedule of your physician. All the best! Feel free to ask me again if you have more questions. If you are satisfied with the answer, I kindly remind to close this thread and rate my answer. Wish you health! Dr.Alba
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Albana Sejdini