question-icon

What causes tiredness and drowsiness during working hours?

Posted on Mon, 14 Jul 2014
Question: i am not feeling much fresh during my working hours. feel tired & sleepy soon by end of the day. what treatment/exercise i need to take, Pls. suggest.
Answered by Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai (41 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Hello

Detailed Answer:
Good day.
We need to find out the cause of your tiredness. What is your height and weight? What is your age? Any current illness apart from tiredness ( like diabetes etc) ? Do you snore at night and wake up in the mornig feeling as if you havent slept well ? Do you fall asleep while driving or watching TV in the day time? Any weight loss?

Smoking/alchol ?

Do you feel depressed or lonely ?

There are number of causes: Anemia, Thyroid diosrders, diabetes, hormonal problems etc which can cause tiredness.

Obstructive sleep apnea is another importat cause of tiredness ( snore during sleep with out sufficient depth of sleep).

Lack of sleep and reduced sleep time is yet another cause.

Anxiety, depression etc are other causes of tiredness.

Dear, it is important to know the cause of your tiredness before we can suggest a treatment.

May i suggest you to visit a GP ?
If not, we need some blood and urine works.
Please try to answer my above questions so that we can try to figure out your problem

Binu
Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai

Endocrinologist