Suggest treatment for excessive snoring in a child

Dr. Kampana

Posted on Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hello doctor.
my son norring at night.
please hello and suggest.
Answered by Dr. Kampana 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Snoring

Detailed Answer:

Snoring in kids can be due to various causes. I would like to know your son's age and some details to help you better. Does your son have repeated cold or cough? From when has he started snoring.

Usually respiratory tract infections and tonsils or adenoids can cause snoring. If that is the case I would suggest you get him examined by an ENT specialist.

Any allergies/ cold weather can also cause snoring.

Some home remedies are:
- Remove the possible allergen such as dust/pets etc.
- Treatment for sinus/tonsils/adenoids.
- Elevate your child's head or mattress at night with a special pillow which can help relieve congestion and clear up their nasal passages.
- If he is sleepy/drowsy in the day due to no proper sleep at night it can be due to obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) and I would suggest you meet a sleep specialist/pulmonologist.

I hope this answered your query.

With regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana