Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for excessive snoring in a child

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 387 Questions
Hello doctor.
my son norring at night.
please hello and suggest.
Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Answered by Dr. Kampana 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your query.

Snoring in kids can be due to various causes. I would like to know your son's age and some details to help you better. Does your son have repeated cold or cough? From when has he started snoring.

Usually respiratory tract infections and tonsils or adenoids can cause snoring. If that is the case I would suggest you get him examined by an ENT specialist.

Any allergies/ cold weather can also cause snoring.

Some home remedies are:
- Remove the possible allergen such as dust/pets etc.
- Treatment for sinus/tonsils/adenoids.
- Elevate your child's head or mattress at night with a special pillow which can help relieve congestion and clear up their nasal passages.
- If he is sleepy/drowsy in the day due to no proper sleep at night it can be due to obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) and I would suggest you meet a sleep specialist/pulmonologist.

I hope this answered your query.

With regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor