• question-icon

What causes tiny red spots inside the cheeks?

Posted on Wed, 1 Jun 2016 in Dental Health
Question: I have a Tiny red spot on the inside of my cheek... It's red flat and doesn't hurt and is not open. I read on Dr Google these can be cancerous! Yikes! I'm 29 no oral cancer in my family, I do not drink or smoke.

Helppp!
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Seems like a small broken blood vessel, nothing serious..

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC..

I have gone through your query and can understand your concerns..

As per your complain I have seen the image that you have attached along with the description provided that you have a painless red flat dot on inner cheek..

It is looking like a broken blood vessel that might have occurred due to traumatic injury to the inner cheek and can be due to causes like while eating any hard foods, cheek bite etc..

It is not appearing to be cancerous or anything serious..

I would however suggest you to keep ba watch over it and in case if it increases in size or become painful or raised, it might need to be investigated clinically..

As of now nothing is appearing serious, so just relax..

Any further questions are welcome..

Hope this information helps..

Thanks and regards.
Dr.Honey Nandwani Arora.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist