What causes tingling sensation in the body while on Wellbutrin?

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Mental Health
Question: I have been taking generic wellbutrin for 11days and have tingly sensation all over. Sometimes it goes away but today it has not stopped.I have been on prozac for 10 years and am having a lot of stress and anxiety at work and was started on the wellbutrin but it has not helped....any suggestions
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Tingling will reduce by own in some days.

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for asking from HCM

Wellbutrin is an antidepressant drug. You have been on Prozac which is a SSRI drug for years. Wellbutrin takes time to show its effects and when the drug is started a lot of individuals suffer symptoms like numbness or tingling sensation in body. This is absolutely normal. In a coming weeks this will reduce by own. If its persistent then you can take low dose Clonazepam on SOS basis to reduce it. Persistent stress and anxiety further aggravates it, Clonazepam will reduce it definitely.

Thanks. Take care

You are welcome to ask a follow up doubt.