What causes tightness in chest with feeling of lump below the throat?

Dr. Vaishalee Punj

Posted on Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I feel like I have a tightness in my chest and feel like I am breathing in dust.I also feel like I have a lump below my throat close to my chest and loose my voice at times.
I am loosing weight dramatically have cold feet and hands. I am to scared to lay down as I think I might not be able to breath.
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need to get examined

Detailed Answer:
Hi

It seems like a lump in your throat. It may or may not be ominous. But losing weight is definitely not good.

You need to get examined by a doctor. He will do some tests like blood tests, Imaging of the throat and chest (like X-ray and CT scan). If need be, endoscopy may be done to see if there is some structural abnormality.

You also need to take high calorie food to gain some weight. You can also try nutritional supplements like ensure, etc. These can be taken along with regular food and will provide the extra nutrition.

Dr Vaishalee