What causes tightness around forehead?

Dr. Gaurav Katiyar

Posted on Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Headache and Migraines
Question: hi for the past 10 days i have has tightness around my forehead like a constant throbbing pain and feeling very heavy. Want to see if this is a sinus problem or something else?
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Katiyar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Probably a sinus infection.

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your query.

From the symptoms you have mentioned, it is more likely a sinus infection at frontal region. But sometimes it may be due to change in the power of eyes.

For confirmation, you need to see an ENT specialist and Ophthalmologist. They will advise you x-ray or do a clinical examination.

You should continue with Sudaffed and antibiotic like Doxycycline. If there is infection, your symptoms will subside in three to four days and you will feel better. Otherwise you have to go for vision check.

Hope I have answered you. If you have any other query, feel free to ask.

Dr. G. Katiyar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari