• question-icon

What causes the presence of pus cells in urine?

Posted on Thu, 10 Aug 2017 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: 15 days back i was diagnose with a 2mm kidney stone with 2-5 puss cells, doctor advised me some medicines.
Antibiotic
Scopinal
Jetcomag effervescent granules
Aciloc for gas prblm

These med is for 7 days. And i took it on time.

But when today i visited to doc just due to uncomfortable feeling in stomach due to gas then doc suggested me for urine test and in reports it was puss cell 10-12.
He again gave me same med which he gave before, he just changed the antibiotic. Now its julmentin forte.
I am little afraid that why my puss cell increased. Is thr anything to fear.

Need immediate help.

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You may need to take antibiotics based on culture and sensitivity report.

Detailed Answer:
Hello

I have gone through your findings in detail.
Your findings may suggest urinary tract infection (UTI).Non responding UTI may be due to fact that bacteria are not sensitive to that antibiotic.

You need proper clinical examination,urine culture and sensitivity and ultrasound of abdomen.

You should drink plenty of water.
I also suggest alkalizing syrup.
Your condition is manageable.

Get well soon.
Hope I have answered your question.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
Dr. Indu Kumar

Radiologist