What causes swollen vein inside the elbow crease?

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Question
Hi, a vein in my right arm, inside elbow crease was swelling a lot after a lot of right hand manual work with cutting up boxes. Not cordlike but soft and went away when straightening my arm but came back soon. No pain at all, but, have been having tingling in my hand and numbness in my finger tips especially middle finger and lesser in either side fingers. Pinkey is ok, thumb mostly ok. Suspect restriction or aneurysm of cephalon vein. Pretty nervous about this. Is my concern justified ?
Posted Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It can be subluxating ulnar nerve

Detailed Answer:
I have read your case and it could be either a enlarge vein or a thickened ulnar nerve. Chances of second condition is more because you are saying that you are having tingling and numbness in hand.
My suggestion you to is that you should show it to orthopaedic doctor. If it is vein then it is not serious and you can ignore but if it is nerve then you might need some treatment.
Diagnosis can be confirmed when doctor sees you . I hope this answer will help you. Let me know of you want to ask any other questions.
Thanks