What causes swelling inside the anus and bleeding per rectum without pain?

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in Lump
Question: I have a lump inside my an us near the opening that is solid but can be moved sude to side...I have chronic diarrhea and some spotting...should I be worried?
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It could be haemorrhoid.

Detailed Answer:

Swelling inside the anus could be Haemorrhoid or Sentinel pile due to Fissure in ano.
1. If there is bleeding per rectum without pain, it could be haemorrhoid.
2 But if it associated with pain, then it is Fissure in ano.

Though both the conditions are not alarming one, I will encourage you to see surgeon who will be able to confirm the cause after clinical examination.

Until then please take high fiber diet, drink plenty of liquids and eat fresh fruits and vegetables. Your stool should be soft. Mild and early cases will respond to medical treatment.

Hope I answered your query. If you have any questions, I will clarify further.
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon