What causes swelling in the left side of the thyroid area despite having normal thyroid test reports?
Please give details and post actual photographs.
Thanks for your query. Noted the history and understood the concerns.
Please give additional information for me to assist you better:
Does the swelling move on swallowing? If it does then this may be a left lobe of thyroid enlargement or a lymph node attacked to the gland and/or trachea.
Is there any tenderness on pressure?
Since the swelling is present for 8 days, this probably is a thyroid cyst with hemorrhage or a lymph node that got infected.
Ultrasonography confirms what it is and FNAC if required can further confirm the cause. It is good that labs have come back normal. What is the cost of ultrasonography of neck at your place? And FNAC that is fine needle aspiration cytology cost?
Such swelling usually does not enhance sleep apnea or cause other disturbances. Digestive issues may be related to the diverticulitis that you had in 2015.
I hope this answer help you.
Dr T Chandrakant,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Thyroiditis causes
- What causes a swollen thyroid
- Thyroid cause swelling above clavicle
- What infections cause thyroiditis
- What causes anaplastic thyroid cancer
- What causes hashimotos thyroiditis
- What causes thyroid problems
- Low thyroid causing neg test
- What causes thyroid swelling
- What causes thyroid cancer disease
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in foot from hip to toe
- Suggest treatment for gall bladder stones
- What causes pain and bleeding post rectocele repair surgery?
- Suggest treatment for gastritis
- What causes chest pain and abdominal pain?
- What does this ultrasonongraphy report indicate?
- What causes whitish color of outside of urethra?
- What causes skin growth on buttocks oozing pus?
- What does this EKG report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for darkened glans penis