What causes suicidal thoughts after discontinuation of Effexor?
Restart antidepressant drugs.
I have gone through your query and understand your concerns.
You have stopped your effexor 8 months back. Now you feel suicidal and not able to cope.
I think your depression is returning. You have been taking antidepressant drugs for last 10 years. But then, no one can predict whether or not, when or not, depression can relapse.
In NY opinion, you should restart with antidepressant drugs again. The best one would be with which you were feeling better lastly. You can talk to your doctor about this.
Keep a check on thyroid status as it can precipitate depression. May not take omega-3 as it can have side effects.
Hope this helps.
Feel free to ask further.
Dr. Shubham Mehta, MD (Psychiatry)
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Effexor cause lucid dreaming body experiences
- Does effexor cause night sweats
- Does effexor cause uti
- Does effexor cause alcohol cravings
- Can effexor cause leukopenia and monocytopenia
- Does effexor cause sweating
- Why does effexor cause sweating
- Will stopping effexor cause withdrawal symptoms
- Does effexor cause weight gain
- Does effexor xr cause weight gain