What causes sudden blurred vision?

Ophthalmologist
Question
Sudden change of vision in one eye. Looks like I'm looking through broken glass. Happened when I stood up from being bent over. What could it be?
Posted Fri, 15 Aug 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
It requires retinal examination.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to Health care magic.

I am DR. DADAPEER K,an ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye.

It seems from the history that you are having sudden onset of blurring of vision/altered vision in one eye.
The common causes for painless sudden onset of symptoms of blurred vision are usually because of problems in the posterior part of the eye involving vitreous and retina like posterior vitreous detachment, central serous retinopathy, vascular occlusions affecting the retinal vessels....

Since it has occurred suddenly after bending and standing up this can be because of age related process like posterior vitreous detachment. If it is posterior vitreous detachment no treatment is generally required as it is age related and symptoms will resolve.
This requires examination by a ophthalmologist by a simple office procedure like indrect ophthalmoscopy to find out the cause and treatment accordingly.

Hence I advice you to consult your eye doctor for examination and treatment accordingly.

Thank you
with regards