What causes spotting during 8 weeks of pregnancy?
Repeat TVS scan and review with report.
Thanks for writing to us.
Subchorionic hematoma or bleeding is most common type and occurs in 3% of pregnancies.
Presence of subchorionic bleeding around gestational sac DOESN'T have significant association with miscarriage. It should be monitored till 10th week of pregnancy.
You should continue prescribed medication, take adequate bed rest, avoid heavy work or strenuous activity, long journey and maintain genital hygiene properly.
I suggest you to repeat the TVS scan in this week to know the status of fetal growth, viability and well being.
Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.
Wish her good health and successful motherhood.
Dr S Patra
For future query, you can directly approach me through
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes spotting during pregnancy
- What causes spotting while on duphaston during pregnancy
- Spotting during pregnancy causes
- What causes hives during pregnancy
- What causes heartburn during pregnancy
- What causes white clot discharge during 8 weeks pregnancy
- What can cause minimal spotting during pregnancy
- What causes bleeding during pregnancy
- What causes suffocation during pregnancy
- What causes tremor during pregnancy