What causes spot on corona of penis?

Posted on Fri, 5 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: I have this spot on the Corona of my penis, what could this be? could it just be a benign spot. I've had a std test and came back negative. any help would be apriciated.
Answered by Dr. Ralf Von Seckendorff 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be fordyce or molluscum contagiosum

Detailed Answer:
Dear patient,

i have also looked at the pic from previous questions and agree with my colleagues:

1. this could be fordyce spots, which are enlarged sebaceous glands.
These is nothing to worry and will regress on their own.
2. also molluscum contagiosum is possible, which can easily be removed by local dermatologist.

Hope this is helping you , if you have any clarificatons you can get back to me, if this was helpful please kindly rate my answer. Best regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Ralf Von Seckendorff 19 minutes later
it doesn't appear to have a dimple in the middle of it, if it is molluscum contagiosum is there a cream I can put on it or do I have to go get it removed?
Answered by Dr. Ralf Von Seckendorff 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Imiquimod or cantharidin also possible treatment

Detailed Answer:
Dear patient

in a lot of cases molluscum will cure itself.

If it doesnt, here is some latest study results from medscape:

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/910570-treatment

Curettage was here found to be the most efficacious treatment and had the lowest rate of side effects. As alternative Cantharidin had moderate complications due to blisters and was slightly less effective. Topical imiquimod was more effective than cantharidin but is expensive, and an optimum treatment schedule has yet to be reported.

Please confirm diagnose with local dermatologist also.

Hope this is helping you , if you have any clarifications you can get back to me, if this was helpful please kindly rate my answer. Best regards

Dr. Ralf Von Seckendorff