What causes spitting of blood?
This can be either blood from mouth or from Lung.
Thanks for your question on HCM.
Blood in spitting is mostly seen in diseases of either oral cavity (mouth) or lungs.
So you need to consult dentist to rule out oral pathology.
Get done chest x ray to rule out lung pathology.
So please let me know
1. Do you have caries teeth?
2. Do you have cough or fever?
3. Since how many days you are having this problem.?
Please reply me answers of above asked questions, so that I can guide you better.
I will be happy to help you further.
Wish you good health.
no fever I really need to be very sick to get fever and cough sometime not much
I have this problem for past 6 days and start this medication 9 days ago but I stop in Monday because I spit the blood
Better to consult dentist.
Thanks for your follow up question on HCM.
No need to worry for lung problem as you are not having fever and cough.
Your blood is spitting is due to dental pathology only.
So better to consult dentist.
Get done complete clinical examination of oral cavity including gums and teeth to rule out caries.
First diagnose yourself and then start appropriate treatment.
Hope I have solved your query.
If you are not having further queries, then please close the conversation and rate my answer.
You can ask me directly on bit.ly/askdrkaushalbhavsar.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of spitting up blood
- What causes blood in motion
- What causes to spit blood while coughing
- What causes excessive spitting
- What causes swollen tonsil and blood during spitting
- What causes acidic blood
- What causes sticky blood
- What causes blood poisoning
- What causes fat in blood
- What causes viscous spit
- Suggest treatment for COPD
- What causes chronic cough?
- Suggest treatment for interstitial lung disease
- Suggest treatment for bronchiectasis
- Suggest treatment for anxiety and sleeping problems
- What causes dizziness after eating red meat?
- How to avoid insomnia caused by Albuterol taken for COPD treatment?
- What causes prolonged fever?
- Suggest treatment for clogged ears and inflamation in sinus passage
- What causes white foamy sputum when suffering from COPD?