What causes soreness, cramps and tingling sensation in the thigh?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Tue, 21 Mar 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: I have soreness, cramping, tingling, coldness in my left outside thigh what could it be? Thank you for answering,
edie
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Could be due to muscle spasm or nerve entrapment.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I would need to ask you how long it has been occurring and whether there are specific triggers. I would insist you to share any other relevant details. As such, muscle spasm is a likely cause and hot compress should provide relief. Nerve entrapment is another possible cause. In either case visiting a physical therapist should help. He would be able to demonstrate the right exercises.

Feel free to write back.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
It could be a muscle spasm. It also begins stinging when I lay down sideways and put my overweight body on it. It also happens when I sit and stretch my legs straight forward like on a lounge chair. I do not have any trouble with it when I stand or walk.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry

Detailed Answer:
In such a case I would insist you not to bother. In case you have any problems let me know.