What causes sore throat and swollen uvula?

Excellent

ENT Specialist
Question
My 30 year old son has a sore throat. He says it hurts to swallow. His temp is 97, his throat is pale and his uvula is enlarged.
Mon, 28 May 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Sore throat with swollen uvula

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query
your son is probably having acute pharyngitis. The pain while swallowing is because of this only.
Give him tablet cefixime 200 twice daily and tablet diclofenac plus serratiopeptidase twice daily and tablet vitamin c once daily and use hexidine gargles.
Take all for 5 days.
All the medicines I have prescribed will be available only on prescription.
It would be better if you can send me the picture of the throat so that I can suggest you better.
Thanks and regards

Follow-up: What causes sore throat and swollen uvula? 2 hours later
I have taken a picture of his throat. I also felt some slightly swollen glands under the angle of the jaw, that are slightly swollen. I will try to attach the picture

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Acute pharyngitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for the pictures
You are having acute infection of the tonsils with swelling of the uvula. The submandibular swelling is the enlarged lymph nodes due to throat infection.
Take all medicines as prescribed.
You will definitely be benefited.
Thanks and regards