What causes sneezing, wheezing, diarrhea, cough, headache and fatigue?

Dr. Rajaram KG

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 13 Sep 2016 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: Hi, I have an extremely important exam in 2 days (much like medical boards or "the bar") and I've started to feel mild symptoms of something (sneezing, wheezing, loose stools, coughing, aching, head ache, fatigue, and general crumminess). I need to be at my best to pass this 7 hour exam. I have an Azax 500 from a different Rx. Do you think Azax will help these sxs? Is there any risk that side effects could cloud my cognitive capacity more than my sxs? If it were your medical boards, and you had 2 days, would you take it? Keep in mind that you would like the 2 days to study/rest and do not have a reliable PCP or time to wait in a crowded waiting room (esp. where you could catch something worse). I understand it is ideal to be medically evaluated first, and I am grateful for your candid feedback.
Answered by Dr. Rajaram KG 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Low immunity caused by exam stress...

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern.

Your symptoms of :
- sneezing
- coughing
- general weakness/fatigue
- headache

are due to viral infection.

Having loose stool and headache are also attributed to stress prior to exam.

This stress might have precipitated viral infection as might lower immunity.

Can take Azax 500 mg, but first continue with:
- keeping well hydrated, increase fluids intake
- take water with ORS,
- take OTC painkillers
- take tasectan for loose stool
- take probiotics to stabilize intestinal flora

It is extremely important to try to feel less stressed as this will help ease your symptoms.

If symptoms won't subside or if getting worse, should start Azax and thinking to get medically checked.

Good luck with your exams and wish fast recovery.
Dr.Sejdini

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj