What causes sneezing in the morning after waking up?

Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju

Posted on Mon, 1 Sep 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: sneezing problem specially in morning after i wake up . Sneezing like hell 30 times approx . Please suggest
Answered by Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Advised cetrizine

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXX,
I can understand your concern.

I would suggest you take tablet cetrizine 5 mg instead of Montec LC before bed for 3 days.It is over the counter medicine.
Steam inhalation 3 times a day for 15 minutes.
Nasal decongestant like nasoclear or otrivin nasal saline drops.Instill 2 drops in each nostril for 5-6 times a day.
Drink plenty of warm water.
Avoid exposure to dust,cold air and cold food.
Drink hot beverages like tea and coffee.

Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any queries I will be happy to help you.
If you do not any queries you can close the discussion and rate the answer if possible.
Thank you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju