Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Suffering from breathing problem even though allergy test result is normal

Hi, My boyfriend has suffered from nasal problems for about 4 years now. He cant breathe through his nose all throughout the year, it is worse when pollen is around but even when it snows he cant breathe. He has has an allergy test which has come back negative to dust etc.. He cant breathe properly when he eats or sleeps and has now become dependant on using otrivine each night just to get to sleep. Some times his breath smells and he is constantly sniffing. What is the next thing for us to do as he wont visit his gp again. Thanks
Asked On : Sat, 7 May 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  131
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
it is high time you take your boyfriend to ent surgeon and get a check up
he may be having some problem like deviated nasal septumandallergic rhinitis
wiyh proper diagnosis and treatment it will be cured
Answered: Sat, 7 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
Your Friend is suffering from Chronic Sinusitis. He has to get himself examined by a ENT Specialist to rule out a Infection. Ask him to take the medicines as Directed by his Doctor and go for regular follow up. He will need antibiotics. He should be taking regular steam Inhalations.

Good Luck.
Answered: Sat, 7 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Naveen Kumar's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum
Your Boyfriend is suffering from two conditions:
1. Allergic Rhinitis
2. Otrivin Drug Abuse - Rhinitis Medicamentosa

Your boyfriend needs to stop Otrivin and switch over to steroid or saline nasal drops. Using Otrivin has caused rebound nasal congestion make him difficult to breath. As for allergy is concerned there is no cure for allergy and only preventive measures can get him rid of allergy. Consult a good ENT specialist for a nasal endoscopy and appropriate treatment of the above condition.

Dr. Naveen Kumar
Answered: Sat, 7 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor