Suffering from breathing problem even though allergy test result is normal

Hi, My boyfriend has suffered from nasal problems for about 4 years now. He cant breathe through his nose all throughout the year, it is worse when pollen is around but even when it snows he cant breathe. He has has an allergy test which has come back negative to dust etc.. He cant breathe properly when he eats or sleeps and has now become dependant on using otrivine each night just to get to sleep. Some times his breath smells and he is constantly sniffing. What is the next thing for us to do as he wont visit his gp again. Thanks
Sat, 7 May 2011