What causes small white dots on inner cheeks?

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist

Posted on Fri, 23 Oct 2015 in Dental Health
Question: I have lots of small white dots in my mouth with a indent in the middle of the spots the spots are located on both of my inner cheeks
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seems like Fordyce's spots.

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC..

I have gone through your query and can understand your concern.

As per your complain and presentation of symptoms the small white dots looks like Fordyce's spots which are clumped sebaceous glands and are present as small white dots on both sides of inner cheeks but a confirmation can be done after a clinical evaluation.
Fordyce's spots are not pathological and seen in all approximately all individuals in adoloscent age group as well as adults.

Kindly answer a few questions so that I can guide you better.

1.Is there any pain in the spots?

2. The white dots are present since how long?

3. Is there any increase or decrease in size?

4.Are any dots or spots present over any other part of inside of mouth?

Kindly answer the above mentioned questions for a better understanding and providing a better information.

Hope this information helps..

Thanks and regards.
Dr.Honey Nandwani Arora.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Honey Arora 8 minutes later
No pain in spots been their about 2 years here is a photo
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Fordyce's Spots.

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Welcome Again..

As per the explanation of the answers and the images the white dots appears to be Fordyce's spots - that are clumped sebaceous glands and are present as normal structures over inner cheeks..
Nothing to worry, as they are not pathological structures and they do not require any treatment as they are harmless and does not cause any discomfort..

If you have any other query you are most welcome..

If your query is resolved kindly write a positive review and give a Five Star Rating as a token of appreciation and encouragement..

Hope this information helps..

Thanks and regards.
Dr.Honey Nandwani Arora.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Honey Arora 26 minutes later
Yes but what is that indentation in the middle of the spots
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Due to morphology /shape of gland.

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Welcome Again..

As per your query the indent in the centre of the spots is due to the morphology or the shape of the gland which in general terms I can explain you that the sebaceous gland is in the form of small lobules which bunch around a central duct and due to the centrally located duct it has a small indent in the middle..

Hope this information helps..

Thanks and regards.
Dr.Honey Arora.