• question-icon

What causes small dots on penis head post sexual intercourse?

Posted on Thu, 2 Jun 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have been having sex with my girlfriend, and for the last week especially it has been very frequent and vigourous. Today I noticed 2 small dots on the head of my penis, and before intercourse yesterday I did not remember them at all. She is on her period. They do not burn or itch or burn, there is no discharge. They look like 2 small circles close together about a centimeter wide. Can this have been caused by friction during vigorous intercourse or the intense heavy foreplay and my penis pressing up against her body and my zipper?
Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
it is possible

Detailed Answer:

although injury seems to be the most likely cause of these lesions and despite the fact that I haven't seen them, some basic tests for other causes should be done. You should start with a serologic and a microscopic test for syphilis (although it typically causes only one ulcer) and also tests for chlamydia, donovanosis. Behcet's disease and other rare causes can be considered if more symptoms are present like oral ulcers (for Behcet's).

Visiting your doctor is important for a close look at the lesions and ordering appropriate testing. If the lesions look suspicious for sexually transmitted diseases then both of you should be tested.

It's probably just caused by friction (an injury that is) and will be over within a few days.

I hope you find my comments helpful!
You can contact me again, if you'd like any clarification or further information.

Kind Regards!
Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis