Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

What causes sores on my penis?

Jan 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 7375 Questions
I have a cit like sore on my penis and do not know what it is. I have looked up ueast infections and other things but not sure please let me know what you think
Posted Wed, 22 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Knidly provide more information Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for posting your concern at XXXXXXX I would like to gather some more information from you regarding your concern in order to be able to help you better. -Since how long have you noticed the sore? -What are symptoms associated with it? pain? burning? or anything else? -I would like to know about your sexual history? are you married? If yes, any history of extramarital sexual contact? if unmarried, do you have any sexual partner? single or multiple partners? When was the last sexual contact? -Did you use any medication for the sore? -Have you got any tests done? take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What causes sores on my penis? 58 minutes later
I have noticed a small red sore that was tender months ago but would go away in a day or so, occured after masterbation or some cases sex. This is the first time it got like this bad and i have had it like this for 3 days. Im single and dont really sleep around but i did just hae sex 4 days ago unprotected but i dont think the person i had sex woth had any stds. There is a mild burn right when i first beging to pee than its fine. Im putting lotromin ultra on it roght now And it feels incomfortable when it rubs agaisnt somthing. No i have never been tested
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Possible traumatic ulcer OR Herpes genitalis Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for the additional information. Have you had sex with a single partner everytime OR multiple different partners? I would like to keep 2 possibilities presently: -Traumatic ulcer with Secondary Infection -Recurrent Herpes Genitalis. If i were your treating doctor i would have ordered a few lab tests to rule out an STD: -HSV ELISA (IgM & IgG) -VDRL -HIV Lotrimin ultra is an antifungal preparation. I don't think it is going to be useful. I would have advised a week of oral antibiotics (penicillin group) along with a topical antibacterial like 2% mupirocin twice daily for a week. Avoid any soap, dettol, betadine OR savlon to that area, just use plain lukewarm water for cleansing. Hope this helps. I would advice that you take the lab tests. I am here to help and guide you further. take care regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What causes sores on my penis? 1 hour later
Are ulcers cureable or just treatable? Is there anything i can do with out going to a doctor and get a prescription. Over the counter drugs? What are possible causes for penis ulcer
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Oral+topical antibiotics Detailed Answer: Hi. At a young age of 25 years, STDs are the most common cause of genital ulcers and they are completely cureable: causes of penile ulcers: -STDs like Syphilis, Herpes genitalis, Chancroid, LGV, Donovanosis cause genital STDs. History, physical examination and Lab test can differentiate and can lead to the diagnosis. -Aphthous ulcers can also cause painful genital ulcers as well as oral mucosal ulcers -Drug induced:Rarely drug reaction can manifest as genital ulcer/erosions. -Carcinoma:Penile carcinoma can present as an ulcer usually in an older age group -Trauma In your case as a treating doctor i would have advised an oral antibiotic from the penicillin group(Amoxycillin in combination with clavulanic acid) for a week along with a topical antibacterial like 2% mupirocin twice daily. It is advisable to undergo the lab tests in order to be able to rule out or confirm an STD. take care regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor