What causes shoulder pain?

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Sat, 19 Apr 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I do have shoulder pain (right hand side). its been prolong and a part of my daily life. the sensation starts at right part of my neck, which extends till shoulder. the sensation is kind of inner concentrating vibrations. by the end of the day i develop a swelled lump on my shoulder which is painful.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Xray of the spine in the neck Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. The problems you have could be due to defect in the spine in the neck. I suggest you to get an Xray of the cervical spine. This will help to identify the cause and plan a management. Apply Diclofenac gel to the affected area to get rid of the pain. Do wear a neck collar which will relax the neck muscles and provide relief. Also it prevents further worsening of the problem. Wish you good health. regards,
Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 8 hours later
Thank you for your advise. Is there a possibility of cervical cancer with this?I am bit apprehensive to the situation that why such question coming to my mind.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 days later
Brief Answer: No Detailed Answer: Hi, Sorry for my delayed response. Need not worry, I do not think the cause for your problem is serious. Get the Xray done, it will clear your doubt. Regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T