What causes shoulder pain post injury?

Dr. Mukesh Chugh

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Few months ago I was doing wide grip pull ups and had a loud pop in my right shoulder and it started hurting immediately. I let it rest for a few weeks and started working out again. Since then I have had some pain in my shoulder and tricep area when I move across my body. The front of my shoulder hurts also when I flex my trap.
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Bicep tendon may have got Injured

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for posting
I have gone through your query and understand your concern. The pain in the front of shoulder along with mode of Injury is suggestive of Injury to bicep tendon. To confirm this and to find out other cause, MRI shoulder is the Investigation of choice.
Please tell me, is there any difference in look in the bicep area on flexing (bending) the elbow (both)?
Looking forward to your reply.
Take care and I shall be glad to answer any further query.

Follow up: Dr. Mukesh Chugh 3 minutes later
There is nothing wrong with my bicep, the pain is in my shoulder. I am constantly moving my arm around trying to pop my shoulder because it feels like there is pressure.
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
May send x-ray picture of shoulder,If have

Detailed Answer:
Hello
It's good to see you.
I have gone through your query carefully and would advise to have MRI investigation to reach a diagnosis.
Meanwhile please tell me-
1. Range of movement at right shoulder in comparison to left?
2. Do you have tenderness at a point where the clavicle (collar bone) joins the shoulder? Medically known as acromio clavcular joint and if this is diseased it leads to pain at shoulder when shoulders are brought together by keeping right hand on left shoulder and vice versa. Do you have that? Please tell.
Looking forward to your reply.