What causes shortness of breath and sleeplessness?
Tab lanoxin 0.25
Tab. Dytor 10
Tab ramistar 1.25
Tab dveniz 50mg
Tab maxgalin er 75
no change.nt sleep well in night but niw in day time breath prob.what to do is any other medication treatment.she is very weak her weight is 34.Diet or exercise help in dis .during bypass doctor says about her valve leakage.pls suggest what to do.any hope for improvement or critical
I have echo report of may 2014 but spelling nt clear
Akinetic inf por lat
Severe glosal hh
EF 15 - 20 %
Tr Pah 35mm
please see details.
1. A number of factors can cause shortness of breath in this scenario. The low pumping (EF of 15-20%), the severe MR (leaking valve), abnormal relaxability of heart etc. Anemia, deteriorating renal functions are some of the causes outside heart.
2. From management point of view I would prefer to give much lower dose of lanoxin in my patients with such a profile rather than 0.25 mg daily. I would try to uptitrate dose of ramistar. Transient increase in diuretics may also be done. If there is no contraindication I would add spironolactone to all such patient. These patients may be benefited by devices like biventricular pacemaker, if they are candidates for same. They may also be benefited by careful addition of beta-blockers. You can consult your cardiologist about these drugs and for a possible prescription.
3. Low salt diet, frequent small meals, bed rest after each meal are helpful. Water intake should be restricted as per urine output. Exercise can not be prescribed unless examined by a cardiologist.
Hope this helps. Feel free to discuss further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sleeplessness causes
- What is causing depression sleeplessness and weakness
- Mucinex cause sleeplessness
- What is the cure for the muscle pains causing sleeplessness
- What causes sleeplessness in a 5 year old
- Does chemotherapy cause sleeplessness
- Will avil tablet cause sleeplessness
- Does buscopan cause sleeplessness
- What vaccinations can cause sleeplessness
- What can cause sleeplessness