What causes shortness of breath along with shallow breathing?
Could be a viral or mycoplasma infection
Welcome and thanks for your query.
Your symptoms are suggestive of a mycoplasma infection or a prolonged viral infection. The response of Azithromycin is suggestive of the former. In addition to the respiratory tract symptoms, it produces general symptoms of malaise, lassitude, feverishness and aches.
It would be good to request your doctor to investigate, if no tests have been done. If you have any test results, I shall be happy to interpret them for you.
Do get back to me if you have more queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Shallow breathing after surgery
- What causes shallow breathing and cramping muscles after a workout
- Shallow breathing atripla
- Effects of shallow breathing
- Metoprolol shallow breath
- Quick and shallow breath in babies
- Shallow breathing and burping
- What can be done to cure shallow breath
- Tachycardia , shallow breathing causes
- Causes of shallow breathing