What causes shortness of breath along with heart palpitations?

Dr. Rishu Saxena

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 28 Mar 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hi

Please need help about a hour ago i was laying down when suddenly out the blue my left chest by the heart had feelings of twitching. It was like my hearts gone mad in beating there was no pain or shortness of breath, i felt my heart it was beating normal but faster. What coild cause this? Is it gas related?
Answered by Dr. Rishu Saxena 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Palpitations,Pathological or physiological problem with heart,

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query.

This feeling is called Palpitation.Palpitations make you feel like your heart is beating too hard or too fast, skipping a beat, or fluttering. You may notice heart palpitations in your chest, throat, or neck.They sometimes indicate problem with pathological or physiological functioning of the heart.
Test advice
Thyroid profile
Holter- It records heart beat for 24 hours any palpitaion woll be recorded and we can see the nature of palpitation.

2d echo-To see any a phsiological abnormality in working of heart.

These tests will help to differenciate whether the palpitation are normal Tachycardia or abnormal arrythmias.Its not gas related.

Follow up with reports.

Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D