What causes severe pain under the shoulder blades?
Recently I had a chest infection. Antibiotics sorted it for a few weeks but it then cane back in milder form with a persistent bought . Two days in to second antibiotic course and the shoulder pain has gone. My doc suspected pneumonia and ordered chest x ray which revealed. 6 cm mass on top of lung on the bad shoulder side.
I now feel much better and out if pain but have been sent for urgent cancer screening .
In view of the fact that the shoulder pain has gone, would this indicate. Bacterial cause of shoulder pain and x ray display or is it still most likely a pan coast tumour ?
Can be a consolidation or tumor.
Thanks for posting your query.
A 6 cm mass on the top of the lung can be due to a consolidation caused by an infection or a pancoast tumor. The improvement of the pain and other symptoms with antibiotics course goes in favor of consolidation. But since the mass detected is a large one it needs proper investigations to confirm the cause. It is best to go ahead with CT scan and MRI and if necessary FNAC to confirm the origin of mass.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes severe pain under the breast on the right
- What causes severe pain under right rib during menstruation
- What causes severe pain in testicles
- What causes sever pain in the abdomen
- What causes severe pain in shoulders and numbness in fingers
- What causes severe pain in the upper back shoulders
- What causes severe pain in heels
- What causes severe pain in elbows
- What causes severe pain in shoulder radiating down the arm
- What is the cause of severe pain in the legs