What causes severe leg pain?

Dr. Kampana

Posted on Thu, 13 Jul 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hello
I am suffering with DVT since past 8 Year. It was cured in last to last year but still i was wearing stockings in my daily life. Last week I drove car more than 10 Hrs & In the evening I feel severe pain in my legs. What should I do ? I still wearing the stockings but pain is still there.I lived in XXXXXXX Pls suggest me.
Answered by Dr. Kampana 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Analgesics.

Detailed Answer:

To relieve pain you can take Tab. Ibuprofen after food, twice a day for 3 days. From your history I believe you are currently not on any medications.

Other measures you can take is to continue walking 5 to 6 times a day for 20 to 30 minutes as a exercise and elevate your leg during rest. You can wear compression
stockings.

In case your symptoms persists or worsens it is best to meet your treating doctor for a detail examination and treatment.

I hope this answered your query.

With regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana