What causes severe hair loss during lactation in a hypothyroid patient?
Normal to loose hair after delivery, will resolve on its own
Thanks for being at healthcare magic
I can understand your concern but you don't have to worry.
Hair loss is normal 2-3 months after delivery and it usually resolves on its own in next 4-6 months. This pattern of hair fall is called telogen effluvium.
You dont have to do much about it. I usually recommend my patients to take hair supplements containing biotin and minerals for 3-4 months.
You can continue with your supplements and thyronorm and hair fall will stop in few months.
I hope to have answered your query and would be happy to clarify any further doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What illness causes hair loss
- What causes severe hair loss with normal iron levels
- What causes hair loss in men
- What causes severe hair loss and loss of eyebrow
- Suggest treatment for hair loss during lactation
- Severe hairfall had ivf whats the cause for hair loss
- What is the cause and treatment for hair loss
- What antidepressants cause hair loss
- What causes severe d dandruff and hair loss
- What is the cause of recurrent fainting hair loss