What causes severe cramps in foot at night?
I would need some answers to help
Welcome to Health Care Magic.
I am Dr.Muhammad Ahmad, I have read your question in detail, I understand your concern and will try to help you in the best possible way.
In order to help you better , I would like you to give me some more information,
I will here by ask you some relevant questions to fill up the information gap.
1) since when is this happening?
2) are you physically active..
3) Does this happen in day too?
4) For how much time spasm stays there?
5) In which foot does it happen?
6) Are you physically active?
Waiting for your input
M.B.B.S ( Licensed Family practitioner)
These cramps started about 1 1/2 weeks ago. The first night was after I wore high heels for the first time since the hip replacement, so assumed it was from that. Second time was a few days later without doing anything that would have brought it on that I can think of. Third time was night before last, again without thinking of anything that could trigger the cramps.
One time it occurred in both feet, the second two, both in my right foot.
Cramp lasts for about 15 minutes, but pain in shin remains for a while and I just get up and try to walk it off.
Cramps have never happened during the day
This can be treated.
Thanks For writing back,
According to your history and description these spasms are nothing to be worried about, to can take simple measures to avoid them,
Here are some suggestons you can work on.
1) Take good care of your salt and calcium intake , Salt and calcium imbalance can cause issue, for that take Centrum for women one tablet daily this will replenish salts and vitamins in your body.
2) Before you sleep stretching your body does help.
3) Wear easy shoes during the day.
4) When there is a spasm you can give it warm compresses to help it relax.
5) Massaging Voltral gel does help relieveing spasm.
6) There are muscle relaxing meds which do help in releieving spasma that can be sued with doctors suggestion but in your case I don't think you need them.
7) A physio therapy help can really do wonders in this regard.
Kepping your salt and calcium balance good, will help you big time.
Do stretch your legs and body before you sleep, this will make your sleep better plus with help you with the problem you have.
I Hope this answers your question, if your have more queries feel free to ask, otherwise close the discussion and rate it. Wish you the best of health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does provera cause severe cramping
- What can cause severe cramps in my back
- What is the cause of severe cramps in ribs area
- What causes stomach pain and severe cramping
- Primolut m causing severe cramps
- What caused severe cramp and brown discharge in the morning
- What causes delayed periods with severe cramps
- Severe cramp causes
- Microgynon causing severe cramps
- What could cause severe cramps and back pain