What causes semi-solid stool twice or thrice a day?
5 day course of medicines
Thanks for your query.
Read and understood the history about your wife.
Semisolid stools for 2 weeks can be due to sub-clinical form of entero-colitis, or due to disturbance of bacterial flora or an allergy to some food or beverages.
Usually these problems solve and get alright within a few days. 2 weeks is a long time and I would suggest in such a case the following:
- Get stool tested.
- Get an antibiotic like Oflaxacin or cefixime and metronidazole course- needs a prescription from your local Doctor. Complete the course for 5 days.
-Add probiotics, activated charcoal tablets and multivitamins.
- give curds, banana along with normal full diet.
I hope she will be cured with this.
In case a 5 day course does not help completely, she may need an opinion of a Gastroenterologist and further tests.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes parasites in stool
- What causes foam in stool
- What causes dark green stools with bowels twice a day
- What causes bloody stool
- What causes fluffy stools
- What causes green stool
- What causes black stools
- Causes of semi formed stools
- Indigestion and semi solid stools causes
- Semi solid stool cause