What causes repeated episodes of positional vertigo?

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist

Posted on Fri, 23 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: Hi
I had Brain MRI Which Came back Normal I had Dizziness i went to neurologist he ordered an MRI(Positional Vertigo) I was diagnosed with positional vertigo I am taking vertin16 for ten days I Consulted ENT he told to continue vertin16 for ten days
Can i stop taking medicine let it go on its own Please Advice
he told no other problem except Positional Vertigo I am worried weather it will get rectified or not should i go for furhter test

please advice me on this
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs Brandt Daroff exercise

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I am Dr Mittal.
I have read your message
I think it would be better to continue with the medicines for at least a week.
Meanwhile, start with Brandt Daroff exercise.
As these exercises help you improve, the medicine can be tapered off later.
I have tried to make it as simple as possible. I hope that the information contained in this message will be able to help you find the best solution for your problem. Best of luck. Dr Mittal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Follow up: Dr. Saumya Mittal 3 days later
Does vertin 16 cause sleepyness can i see in the internet for Brandt Daroff exercise. or go to ent doctor office he told to continue vertin 16 for 10 days

if problem persists he asked me to come
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Specific answers

Detailed Answer:
Vertin 16 can be used.
BradT Daroff exercise caN be found online.
Vertin usually doesn't cause drowsiness.