What causes reduced bowel movement while on Percocet?
I would explain as follows:
Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!
I understand your concern, and would like to explain that Percocet, because of its component Oxycodone, may lead commonly to constipation. I recommend you avoiding Percocet in the future.
Meanwhile, Dulcolax and senna extract (though this latter may irritate intestinal mucous layer) may help to fight constipation.
Metamucil (psyllium) is very helpful as stool softener for relieving constipation; so you could use it effectively for preventing constipation.
But, as stool impaction is actually present, the most effective strategy to resolve this situation is by applying rectal enemas.
Hope to have been helpful to you!
Feel free to ask me whenever you need! Greetings! Dr. Iliri
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes dark bowel movement
- What causes explosive bowel movements
- What causes bowel movement while urinating
- What is the cause for irregular bowel movement
- What causes loose bowel movements
- What causes liquid bowel movement
- What causes soft bowel movements
- What causes continous bowel movements
- What causes smelly bowel movements
- What causes continual bowel movements
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?