question-icon

What causes redness in scalp and clear to white sticky discharge?

Posted on Wed, 17 Dec 2014
Question: My scalp is red and sometimes oozes a clear to white sticky substance. I ve recently found a anti-bacterial scalp rinse that I ve used for a few days and then wash with a zinc shampoo with tea tree oil. Any ideas and what to do?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar (4 hours later)
Brief Answer:
photograph required

Detailed Answer:
Hello
I understand your concern.
Probably you have developed seborrhea.
Can you please upload a photograph of the involved area.
Its very important for me to see the area in order to give a proper guidance.
There is an option to upload photos on right side of query page. Please utilize that. You can also email reports to YYYY@YYYY with subject as attn Dr XXXXXXX Kumar.
Waiting for your response.
Thank you .
Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist