What causes redness and irritation in the eye?

Dr. N. K. Misra

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: My husband has developed redness in one eye all of a sudden along with irritation and feeling like thwre is a film on his cornea. The eye is not watering and so far there is no discharge- photos attached
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Episcleritis

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
There is infllammation in the outer layers of eye.If you could get ciplx D eye drop or oflacin DC eye drop then put this 2 to 3hourly and this will take 3days time if the infection doesn't go to the other Eye.In case there is discharge in the morning then Neosporine eye ointment can be applied at bed time.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj