• question-icon

What causes reddish spot on penis head?

Posted on Tue, 31 May 2016 in Sexual Health
Question: I have had a red spot on the head of my penis for over a week. It seems to be less red and fading away. Should I be corcerned?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes you need to be

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

From the available description it is possible that red head lesion was a chnancre a presentation of primary syphilis. It generally presents as a papule and painless which disappears in few days.

The chance becomes more acute if you had any recent unprotected sex with somebody as it is a presentation of sexually transmitted disease.

You need to see your doctor so he can diagnose it after examination and treatment can be started.

I hope this helps you.
If you havemore questions feel free to write back to me.
Thanks and regards.
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 2 minutes later
this is what it looks like presentjy
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The diagnosis is almost certain

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for reverting back to me.

I have reviewed the attached picture and the earlier suggested diagnosis is almost certain.
It will be appropriate if you do not delay the treatment.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for my future patients.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-ashok-kumar/67386
Thanks and regards.

Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 4 minutes later
You are a psychiatrist?Are you certain that a leasion that was always flat and dry can be rulled out as an abrasion or fungal infection?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No, it can not be ruled out confidently but the possibility is low

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up.

I know I am psychhiatrist but at the same time I am practicing sexologist as in my country of practice sexology is taken care by psychiatrists unlike in United States.

Although it could not be ruled out confidently with available picture but the possibility of fungal infection is very low although it remains a valid differential diagnosis.
This is the reason you need to be physically examined by the doctor as telepsychiatry/telemedicine could not be alternative for direct physical examination by doctor.

I hope this clarifies further.
Thanks and regards
Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist