What causes red rash on buttocks and upper legs?

Dermatologist
Question
I have a red rash on my butt, upper legs, arms. What should I do?
Posted Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please provide pictures

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Since you have a rash over your body, I would like to know certain more details from you.
Since when do you have it?
Any associated itching or pain?
What all are you applying over it?
Can you please click some close up pictures of the skin condition and upload them here on this page.
I would like to have a look at the exact skin condition before we can come to the diagnosis .

Dr Geetika Paul

Follow-up: What causes red rash on buttocks and upper legs? 2 hours later
I noticed it Friday night, yesterday night. I have noticed some itching. I have not applied anything on it. I will upload some photos.

Brief Answer:
Urticarial skin rash due to medicine intake

Detailed Answer:
Hi

You seem to have developed an urticarial skin rash. Now this is basically an allergic skin reaction. The most likely cause seems to be the intake of cialis tablet that you took a day back .
You need to start intake of some oral antihistamine tablet soon. You can either take tablet claritin once a day or benadryl in the adult dosage. You might need to continue intake of oral antihistamines for atleast three to five days. This is the time the drug will take to clear out completely from your body.
Also you should avoid its intake in future since it is very likely to cause an allergic reaction everytime you take it.

Dr Geetika Paul

Follow-up: What causes red rash on buttocks and upper legs? 52 minutes later
What dosage do you recommend. The benadryl box recommends adults take 1 or 2.

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Dosage of antihistamine.

Detailed Answer:

Since you have a severe allergic reaction, you can take 50 mg three times a day.
Or you can take tablet claritin once a day.

Dr Geetika Paul