What causes red painful lump above left eye?
It might be follliculitis.
Thanks for the query.
The lesion on the picture seems to be related an infection of hair follicle or furuncle(soft tissue infection).
I would like to ask you whether it is painful, reddish, warm, soft or hard, movable or fixed.
Cysts are common in that area, especially if he is prone to styes in the past.
Waiting for further follow up.
Can be furuncle.
Thanks for follow up.
If there is pain, it can be furuncle ( is soft tissue infection ).
If i would be treating doctor i would have gone for antibiotics like cephadroxil or amoxycillin for one week along with brufen and serratiopeptidase for pain and swelling.
You can visit his doctor as and when feasible and get antibiotics prescribed.
Hope I answered your query. If you are satisfied kindly close the query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes irritation redness and pain in the eyes
- What is the cause of painful lump in abdomen
- What causes painful lump in mouthjaw
- What is the cause of painful lump on hip
- What could cause painful lump on left testicle
- What causes a lump under my eye lashes
- What would cause lump under dogs eye
- Cause for lump inside the eye
- What causes painful lump in the labia
- Red left eye causes