What causes recurring fluttering in upper abdomen?
Aorta aneurysm can give such symptom.
Thank you for the query.
This flutter can be a sign of aorta aneurysm. You may also notice a pulse on the abdomen when lying down.
The other possible reason of flutter is gas in the large intestine. If so, the flutter should be more intense after food intake.
I suggest you to have abdominal ultrasound done at first. Colonoscopy is always advisable at your age (over 50).
Hope this helps. Feel free to ask further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What can cause fluttering sensation in upper stomach
- What cause of fluttering and lump in abdomen
- What causes pain in lower abdomen with fluttering
- What causes burning sensation in the upper abdomen
- What cause fluttering feeling in lower left abdomen
- What causes continuous vomiting and upper abdomen pain
- Causes of fluttering in upper abdomen
- What causes radiating pain in the upper quadrant of abdomen
- What causes pain in upper extreme left of the abdomen
- What causes fluttering sensation in my upper abdomen after eating