What causes recurring fever with cold and cough in an infant?

Dr. Kaushik K Murthy

Pediatrician

Posted on Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Child Health
Question: Hello Sir,
May son, 1.3 years old has got cold and cough also fever as well. his cough is wet and fever comes back again.

Answered by Dr. Kaushik K Murthy 37 hours later
Brief Answer:
citrizine, salbutamol

Detailed Answer:
Hi thanks for writing to us.
I am sorry for replying late for your query.

Went through your query in detail,

For the cold you can give him cirizine based syrups , for his age around 3 ml three times a day for 3 days,

For the cough , you can give him salbutamol and ambroxol based syrups, around 4 ml 3 times a day for 3 days.

Get a doctor to examine him if he develops high grade fever , difficulty in breathing , hurried breathing, wheezing, chest retractions.

Due to the windy season , kids often get cold and cough during this season, if the symptoms are not reducing , get a doctor to examine him.

thank you, regards.