What causes recurrent white penile discharge?

Question
hi I am 21 year male with recurrent white penile discharge did smear prior to treatment results +WBC+ epith cells occ GNDC(intra) 2+ GNDC(extra) +GN Bacilli + GN cocci Culture No growth what does that mean
Posted Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Meaning explained sir

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. I am assuming your doctor asked you to give a urine sample for urine analysis and culture at the same time, and then started the course of antibiotics before the culture report came. If at all the scenario was different, do let me know sir. (Eg. Treatment was started prior to collection of urine sample for investigation, or urine analysis was taken and then treatment was started, and after this the urine sample was taken again for a urine culture investigation, etc.).

Your reports show that the urine analysis did find bacteria (Gram negative) in the provided sample, but the urine culture reports no growth which means it did not find any bacteria in the provided sample for a urine culture investigation.

There are 3 possible scenarios for such a picture:
-Report is accurate
-Report is inaccurate, and so might require repeating (but as ypu have already started your course of antibiotics, the new report will also be inaccurate
-Possibly, treatment was initiated before the sample aas collected which is why there was no growth in the culture

Either way sir, if you feel an improvement in your symptoms it means that you are on the road to recovery and have nothing to worry about. Continue with the provided medications until your doctor asks you to. In the meantime, please make sure you are well hydrated.

I hope you find my response helpful sir. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you.

Best wishes.

Follow-up: What causes recurrent white penile discharge? 5 hours later
the sample was actually a urethral swab

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry about if you are improving

Detailed Answer:
Hello once again sir.

Thank you for that information sir.

Well that means this is most probably a simple infection, and nothing more to worry about sir. If at all the urethral swab was accurate.

Sir, were you experiencing symptoms of the infection other than the discharge prior to initiation of treatment? And are you still experiencing them or is there an improvement? If you are experiencing an improvement, then there is absolutely nothing to worry about, please continue as your doctor has advised. But if at all you are not experiencing an improvement, then we may have to repeat a urine culture or swab again.

I hope you find my response helpful sir. Please do not hesitate to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to be of assistance.

Best wishes.