What causes abnormal penile discharge after sexual intercourse?

Dr. Monika Dede

Infectious Diseases Specialist

Posted on Thu, 6 Jul 2017 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: I had some penile discharge 3 times in a week 7and a half weeks after a encounter with a woman. got nervous and got tested all test were clear except HSV1 57.40 igg HSV2 .92, no lesions or blisters. I've had chicken pox as a child and mono as a adult. doc told prescribed herpes meds discharge went away but nothing else acts like herpes I have other health issues should I be retested?
Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please see the detailed answer below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello! I have been through your question.

First I need to know the color, density, odor of your penile discharge and if there was blood on it?
Related your concern you should know that (non sexual and sexual) penile discharge most probably could be as a result of an urinary tract infection or STI like gonorrhea, chlamydia, trichomonas, ureaplasma and mycoplasma genitalium.
So, please could you specify what kind of STI test you have done except HSV1-2.
Furthermore chickenpox and mono are caused by different viruses that have not relations with this situation or HSV1 -2.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana