What causes recurrent urge to pass stool?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: This week I've experienced loose, lightly colored stool, accompanied by cramps and and urgency to go right away...this can go on on the 1/2 or one hour spacing and it does not feel like I totally empty my bowel.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possible amebiasis!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this recurrent urge to visit the toilet. These symptoms are suggestive of inflammation of the rectum and colon. The most common cause of this is intestinal amebiasis. This disease is transmitted through dirty water and poor hand and food hygiene. It is commonly treated by prescribing metronidazole for 5days. Talk to your doctors in order to get a prescription for this.

In all, intestinal amebiasis. Talk to your prescribing doctor for a script. If the cramps are severe, you could benefit from an anti spasmodic like hysocine.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.