What causes recurrent penis fungal infection in a patient with diabetes?
Is your blood sugar well controlled?
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about this recurrent fungal infection that you have reported. This is not uncommon in a person who has diabetes and more so if it is poorly controlled. Can you please provide a few numbers of your blood sugars and the last A1c value you had? Also, please provide an image of this infection site for review.
The main management strategy here would be to get your diabetes well controlled and use potent anti-fungals. Also, if this fungal involves the foreskin, considering circumcision might not be a bad idea as local factors especially humidity may be responsible for this recurrent infections.
The fact that this infection gets successfully treated only to return later means the drugs are at least effective. The problem should be the predisposing factors. For this we shall look at the diabetes control and where this infection is located in order to address this.
I hope to hear from you and would return to you with personalized and helpful information on how to address this. Until then, I wish you well.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes fungal infections
- Recurrent fungal infection causes
- Penis fungal infection causes
- Treatment and cure for penis fungal infection
- Symptoms of penis fungal infection
- Diagnosis of diabetics fungal infection
- Eny ayurvedic medicine for penis fungal infection
- Diabetics fungal infection causes
- Drugs/medication for penis fungal infection
- Diagnosis of penis fungal infection
- CT scan showed cancer tumor inside liver. Swollen abdomen, little...
- Shaved around private parts and around base of penis. Bumps are like...
- Having blood pressure. Taking Sandoz Fenofibrate. Should I go for higher...
- Severe anal itching and rashes on buttocks. Suggest medication
- Stomach upset, gas and bloating. What could this be?
- Can I contract HIV through blowjob?
- Having swollen testicles. Could this be a sign of cancer?
- Had rectal prolapse surgery. Should I be concerned of having irregular...
- What causes numbness in toe?
- Is Hydrazine sulfate effective for cancer patients suffering from cachexia?