What causes raised lesion on thigh?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
I have this slightly raised light color skin lesion that's smooth on my thigh. It appears to have two hairs out the side of it next to each other. Its mid thigh and on the front side of it. Not on my inner or outer part of my thigh. Just wondering what it might be.
Posted Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Wart is a possibility

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to Healthcaremagic

I am Dr. Kakkar. I have gone through your query. I have looked at the pictures.

This one does resemble a wart, though the photograph is not bright enough at the site of the lesion, probably due to a shadow from something.

Kindly upload a better photograph preferably taken in daylight.

This particular lesion looks different from the one that you were concerned about on your inner thigh.

Follow-up: What causes raised lesion on thigh? 40 minutes later
Correct, the one on my inner thigh has actually cleared up with the meds you suggested I use. The lesion on my thigh has been there for some time now and hasn't appeared to get any bigger or smaller. I've looked at all other parts of both legs and its the only one I can find. If this is a wart, is this a common wart, or a genital wart? Given the location I wouldn't think it to be a genital wart but of course I'm not sure of that either and that's why I'm asking. I saw my urologist on 6/4/14 and had no signs of genital warts/hpv in the genital region or inner thighs. I know common warts can grow on the legs and other parts of the body.

ok new reports have been attached....

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Common Wart

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

This resembles a common wart. Genital warts have a morphologically distinct appearance.

This can be easily removed/vaporised with either CO 2 Laser OR with Radiofrequency cautery under local anesthesia.

The whole procedure won't take more than 5-7 minutes.

Follow-up: What causes raised lesion on thigh? 14 minutes later
So then I have no concern of this being a genital wart? That's my biggest concern...the location doesn't suggest it to be a genital wart? Can it spread to that region? Did you see the picture of my entire leg and where its located on my leg?

I am going to have it removed for peace of mind. Once removed, what's the likely hood of reoccurrence?

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Common wart

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

No, it is not a genital wart. It is a common wart. The location is such. Complete removal is curative and usually does'nt lead to a recurrence.

Genital warts are different looking and located on the genital mucosa or close to the genitalia. They are cauliflower shaped, moist, soft lesions since they are mostly covered by the genital mucosa. They are acquired sexually and not by other forms of contact. However a common wart though unusual can occur on the genitalia as well. The most common site of a common wart is exposed surfaces like hands arms legs etc