What causes prominent pus filled bumps on the penile shaft?

Posted on Wed, 15 Feb 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Is this mollusculum or fordyce spots?
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Kindly answer....

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HCM...

Kindly answer few questions before I answer.

- from how many days you have such lesions?
- do you get pain,burning or itching?
- are these lesions repeatedly occur? Or for the first time?
- are the lesions heal without treatment?
- married? What about sexual history?
- any other disease?
- any treatment?

I hope you will answer soon.

Thanks.

Dr.Ilyas Patel MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Ilyas Patel 24 minutes later
The two little ones that you can see I have had for a long time, close to a year. The things near my frenelum brev I believe to be pearly penile papules and have had for as long as I can remember. They do not itch nor do they feel like anything. Its as though they do not exist

Is it prominenet sebaceous glands on my penis?
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
Prominent hair follicles with folliculitis

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for answering..

After reading history you provided, I think that you have prominent hair follicles in penile skin. The two lesions you said may be infected hair follicles,called folliculitis.

So, you need not to worry. Just take a course of antibiotic and apply antibiotic cream on the infected lesions. The prominent hair follicles will remain as they are. There is no need to take treatment for the prominent hair follicle. Just avoid to squeeze or rupture the hair follicles. The lesions are not Fordyce spots or molluscum contagiosum...ok

And you are right about pearly penile papules on the corona of glans penis. Again no treatment is advised. If you are embarrassed.... The papules may be removed by electrocautery done under local anaesthesia.

I hope this would help you.

Thanks.

Dr.Ilyas Patel MD

Follow up: Dr. Ilyas Patel 6 hours later
I do not believe they are infected because I have had them for close to 8 months. So you believe the 2 small ones on my penis skin are simply prominent hair follicules?
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Prominent hair follicles

Detailed Answer:
Hi...

Anything you believe, the lesions are trivial and not bothersome. You just forget and keep them as they are. There is no need to treat...ok

Dr.Ilyas Patel MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Ilyas Patel

Dermatologist