question-icon

What causes productive cough, sneezing, puffy nose and post nasal dripping?

Posted on Mon, 16 May 2016
Question: I am sneezing, nasal post dripping, blowing nose with mucus dripping, with a lot of helm passing from my nose into my throat/mouth; it cause me to spit a lot of helm out. Right now with my head bow down texting one of my nasal just dripping. I am taking Fexofenadine 180mg daily. I been taking this 2 days now.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah (20 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Suggestive of an allergy! Continue with fexofenadine. Add carbocystein!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about these symptoms that you have reported. I have reviewed them fully and this is suggestive of an allergy. I am not sure of what exact changes are in your environment but you should try to look around and identify new additions to keep away from. Fexofenadine is a good drug for allergies. Because of too much mucus, I will add carbocysteine to fluidity and accelerate expectoration. I am positive and optimistic these measures would be very helpful in your healing and recovery process. Keep me updated.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah (48 hours later)
I have a nasal spray and want to know can it help my problem as well Fluticasone Propionate Nasal Spray 50 mcg
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah (13 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Yes, t can help as well!

Detailed Answer:

This is a steroid spray. This can help with allergies as well. I wish you well and how have you been feeling all this while? Any positive improvement?

Hope to hear back form you!
Dr. Chobufo Ditah